Position: Research Fellow, Department of Nutrition, University of Auckland
Role in NuNZ: Work Package Leader Genotyping
Research interests and activities
Molecular genetic research to identify genes for a range of complex diseases
BSc Genetics, University of Manchester, UK
PhD, University of Southampton, UK
- Morgan AR, Han DY, Lam WJ, Triggs CM, Fraser AG, Barclay M, Gearry RB, Meisner S, Stokkers P, Boeckxstaens GE, Ferguson LR. Genetic variations in matrix metalloproteinases may be associated with increased risk of ulcerative colitis. Hum Immunol. 2011 Nov;72(11):1117-27.
- Wang AH, Lam WJ, Han DY, Ding Y, Hu R, Fraser AG, Ferguson LR, Morgan AR. The effect of IL-10 genetic variation and interleukin 10 serum levels on Crohn's disease susceptibility in a New Zealand population. Hum Immunol. 2011 May;72(5):431-5.
- Morgan AR, Han DY, Thompson JM, Mitchell EA, Ferguson LR. Analysis of MMP2 promoter polymorphisms in childhood obesity. BMC Res Notes. 2011 Jul 21;4:253.
- Morgan AR, Thompson JM, Murphy R, Black PN, Lam WJ, Ferguson LR, Mitchell EA. Obesity and diabetes genes are associated with being born small for gestational age: results from the Auckland Birthweight Collaborative study. BMC Med Genet. 2010 Aug 16;11:125.
- Morgan AR, Han DY, Lam WJ, Fraser AG, Ferguson LR. Association analysis of 3p21 with Crohn's disease in a New Zealand population. Hum Immunol. 2010 Jun;71(6):602-9.
- Morgan AR, Han DY, Huebner C, Lam WJ, Fraser AG, Ferguson LR. PTPN2 but not PTPN22 is associated with Crohn's disease in a New Zealand population. Tissue Antigens. 2010 Aug;76(2):119-25.